Meet Dr. Shagalov
Dr. Devorah Shagalov is a Board Certified dermatologist who is also fellowship trained in both Mohs micrographic surgery and cosmetic dermatology. She is highly regarded as a compassionate and thorough physician who is excited to bring her unique set of skills to our patients. Dr. Shagalov sees patients of all ages for their general dermatologic needs and also offers a wide range of cosmetic and surgical procedures, including Mohs micrographic surgery.
Dr. Shagalov graduated summa cum laude from Touro College. She then went on to receive her medical degree from SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, graduating number one in her class and receiving numerous awards in various areas including basic science, biochemistry, immunology and microbiology and clinical dermatology. She then stayed on at SUNY Downstate Medical Center to complete her internship in internal medicine and residency in dermatology. Following this she relocated to Florida with her husband and four children to pursue a dual fellowship in Mohs micrographic surgery and cosmetic dermatology at the Skin Institute of South Florida and Hollywood Dermatology.
Dr. Shagalov was born in Brooklyn, NY and raised in Israel. She has also spent time living in Vienna, Austria, Costa Rica and China. In her free time, she enjoys pursuing her love for travel, cooking, hosting dinner parties, running, reading, community outreach, and spending time with her beautiful family.
- Diplomate - American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow - American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow - American College of Mohs surgery
- Fellow- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Member - American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Member- Women’s Dermatologic Society
- Member - Alpha Omega Alpha
- Member - Miami Society for Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery
- Lindsey S, Shagalov DR, Rosen A, Weiss E. Gender Differences in Perioral Rhytides - Does Facial Hair Play a Role? Dermatol Surg. 2018; June 27 doi: 10.1097/DSS.0000000000001586. [Epub ahead of print] PMID:29957665
- Weiss J, Rosen A, Shagalov DR, Weiss E. Safety Concerns regarding topical Brimonidine for hemostasis. JAAD. 2018;78(6)e155 PMID:29754892
- Singh D, Fisher J, Shagalov D, Aakaash V, Siegel D. Dangerous plants in dermatology: Legal and controlled. Clin Dermatol. 2018; 36(3):399-419 PMID:29908582
- Loyal J, Shagalov D, Vatanchi M, Glick J, Ferzli G, Heilman E, Glick S. Bullous Sweet Syndrome Healing with Prominent Secondary Anetoderma. Pediatri Dermatol. Provisional acceptance
- Waibel J, Rudnick A, Shagalov DR, Nicolazzo DM. Update of Ablative Fractionated Lasers to Enhance Cutaneous Topical Drug Delivery. Adv Ther. 2017;34(8):1840-49. PMID 28687935
- Shagalov DR, Taylor D, Schleichert R, Weiss J, Weiss E. Association of central nervous system depression with topical brimonidine when used for hemostasis: A serious adverse event. JAMA Dermatol. 2017;153(6):575-577. PMID 28403392
- Liebman T, Shagalov D, Lowenstein E. Recurrent palisaded neutrophilic granulomatous dermatitis in the setting of systemic lupus erythematosus. Skinmed. Accepted for publication on 03/20/17
- Mounessa J, Shagalov D, Levine A, Glick S. A leukodermic variant of Darier’s disease in a patient with schizoaffective disorder. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2017;42(6)690-92. PMID 28543889
- Shagalov DR, Ferzli G, Wildman T, Glick S. Genetic testing in dermatology: a survey analyzing obstacles to appropriate care. Pediatri Dermatol, 2016 Sep 22. PMID 27653748
- Shagalov D, Xu M, Liebman T, Taylor G. Unilateral indurated plaque in the axilla: A case of metastatic breast carcinoma. Dermatology Online Journal. July, 2016;22(7). PMID 27617728
- Xu M, Flamm A, Shagalov D, Hsu E, Glick S. Incontinentia pigmenti presenting as a newborn rash: Two case presentations. Dermatology Online Journal. June 2016;22(6):2. PMID 27617597
- Mounessa J, Shagalov D, Vatanchi M, Glick S. Recurring violaceous plaques on the face of a 7-year-old. Consultant Pediatricians. 2016;15(2): 84-85.
Peer Reviewed Book Chapter
- Guttman J, Shagalov D, Kurtis H, McFarlane S. “Anemia of Chronic Kidney Disease in the Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Population: Implications for Cardiovascular Risk”. Chronic Kidney Disease: Signs/Symptoms, Management Options and Potential Complications edited by RA Balogun, EM Abdel-Rahman, and SA Balogun, Virginia: Nova Science Publishers, 2013.
- Shagalov D, Fiadorchanka N, Brody N.( Feb, 2018). Modification of gene expression using topical antioxidants:A proof of concept study. Poster presentation at the American Academy of Dermatology meeting, San Diego, CA
- Shagalov D. (June, 2016). Genetic testing in dermatology; A survey analyzing obstacles to appropriate care. Oral presentation at New York Academy of Medicine, Dermatology Residents' Night
- Aronin C, Wildman T, Tavin M, Shagalov D, Ferzli G, Glick S. (Oct, 2013). Survey on Funding and Access to Genetic Testing. Poster presentation at the PeDRA Meeting, Chicago, IL
- Shagalov D and Kollmar R. (2011). Detecting Stem-Cell Population in the Adult Zebrafish Ears. Poster presentation at the Annual Research Day, SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, Brooklyn, NY